en

Part II
Environmental Dimension

Steel is our main raw material, 100% recyclable. The proposals to put the circular economy into practice relate to the complete product life-cycle, in a closed cycle, from its production and consumption to waste management (reutilization, recycling and recovery), the secondary raw material market included, in a closed cycle.

Environmental performance


At GRI Renewable Industries, we operate in an efficient and responsible way and we show our interest in the preservation of the environment. Our work is done under the umbrella of an “Integrated Management System” and a Quality, Environment and Health and Safety Policy. It´s certified under standard ISO 14001.

We monitor the environmental impacts that derive from its activity through different indicators that measure its environmental performance, allowing it to measure its evolution and identify opportunities for improvement.

Life-Cycle Focus: Circular Economy

Steel is our main raw material, 100% recyclable. The proposals to put the circular economy into practice relate to the complete product life-cycle, in a closed cycle, from its production and consumption to waste management (reutilization, recycling and recovery), the secondary raw material market included, in a closed cycle.

Energy


Energy consumption within the company is high due to the industrial processes, and for this reason measures to improve energy efficiency are being incorporated, as well as measures to reduce the environmental impact and the carbon footprint.

With our commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), in particular to climate change, we are continuously trying to further reduce our environmental impact through different actions such as reforestation, and by favoring renewable energy production.

This year we consumed a total of 1,035,110 GJ, of which 41% came from electricity consumption and the remaining 59% came from fuels such as LPG, natural gas, propane and diesel.

Emissions and climate change


At GRI Renewable Industries we are concerned about the fight against climate change. Therefore, we have joined the sustainable development goals this year, and in particular the following ODS:

At GRI Renewable Industries we measure and communicate our carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) to be able to establish improvement objectives.

Por favor, gira tu móvil para navegar